Candida and UDH
The best way to eliminate an overgrowth of Candida is to improve your digestion which is what the Ultimate Digestive Health Kit is designed to do.
Here are some details about Candida you may find helpful in making your decision:
- Candida is considered the Great Masquerader!
- It is thought that about ⅓ of the population has an overgrowth of Candida.
- A candida overgrowth lowers immunity by destroying IgA molecules.
What is Candida?
It’s a fungus (yeast) that is normally found in the GI tract, mucosal linings and skin of every person's body. If the body is healthy, then it will stay at a normal level.
Candida, like all organisms has a life cycle. As it dies or breaks down toxic material is released. In a healthy person, with yeast at normal levels, the body is able to properly eliminate this die off. The issue arises when there is a digestive system weakness and there is an overgrowth of Candida.
What are the symptoms of Candida overgrowth?
- Skin and nail fungal infections, such as athlete’s foot or toenail fungus
- Feeling tired and worn down, or suffering from chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia
- Digestive issues such as bloating, constipation, or diarrhea
- Autoimmune diseases such as Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, rheumatoid arthritis, ulcerative colitis, lupus, psoriasis, scleroderma, or multiple sclerosis
- Difficulty concentrating, poor memory, lack of focus, ADD, ADHD, and brain fog
- Skin issues like eczema, psoriasis, hives, and rashes
- Irritability, mood swings, anxiety, or depression
- Vaginal infections, urinary tract infections, rectal itching, or vaginal itching
- Severe seasonal allergies or itchy ears
- Strong sugar and refined carbohydrate cravings
What causes an overgrowth?
- Antibiotics and other sulfur related compounds, steroids, birth control, hormonal imbalances, chemotherapy, radiation, toxic metals, blood sugar imbalance, Alcohol, refined sugar in the diet, toxic overload in the body, parasites, nutritional deficiencies, and stress.
- Unhealthy digestive tract: candida feeds off undigested foods. When digestion is slow, fermentation of food sets in. This fermentation creates an environment that candida can thrive in.
- Improperly metabolizing sugar: another reason for candida overgrowth can be that your body may not metabolize sugars properly.
How can I reduce Candida?
Candida elimination takes time. An overgrowth didn’t happen overnight, and is not going to go away overnight. The best way to reduce Candida is to improve the health of your whole digestive system. Besides sugar, slow digestion, and food fermentation is a major culprit when it comes to Candida overgrowth.
Often people associate sugar with candida, so they try to eliminate ALL sugar from their diet. While it’s true candida feeds on sugar, it’s important to remember that our brain needs glucose for function and energy. Therefore you should cut back on refined sugar, high fructose corn syrup, whole grains including rice, beans, peas, lentils and flour products, while retaining a diet high in vegetables, berries, and most fruits.
- Garlic is very helpful in fighting candida and is found in our parasite cleanse capsules.
- Bone broth also is very helpful in reducing candida, as well as warm cooked foods that are EASY to digest.
- Probiotics alone do not heal a candida overgrowth but are necessary to help rebuild good bacteria after a cleanse.
- A complete digestive detox also helps your body eliminate die off. Too many toxins from die off can create a herxheimer reaction and may put additional stress or strain on other organs. Some people choose a kidney or adrenal support product in combination with digestive cleanses.
Blastocystis hominis and Dietamoeba Fragilis are single cell intestinal parasites that mimic candida yeast symptoms. It's always best to do a parasite cleanse at the same time you do a digestive detox. For this reason, we include parasite capsules in our kit.
Keep in mind that the parasite lifecycle runs from new moon to new moon, with egg laying being at it's peak at the new moon. It's always best to do a parasite cleanse for at least 30 days to cover the complete lifecycle of the parasite. For best results, start the cleanse on or near the new moon phase.
Summary of suggestions for eliminating a Candida overgrowth:
- Clean up the digestive tract by doing a complete digestive detox along with a parasite cleanse.
- Take probiotics to help rebuild intestinal flora.
- Consider a Digestive enzymes to aid in proper digestion of food.
- Modify your diet to reduce processed flours and sugars.
- Avoid toxic overload.
Dietary modifications: It’s best to cut back on refined sugar, dairy, high fructose corn syrup, whole grains including rice, beans, peas, lentils and flour products, while retaining a diet high in vegetables, berries, and most fruits. Reduce meat and other hard to digest foods. Garlic is very helpful in fighting candida. Bone broth is very helpful in reducing candida, as well as warm cooked foods that are easy to digest. Increase hydration, use pure water.
- Increase good bacteria through use of natural probiotics: yogurt, saur kraut, miso, kefir, kimchi, aged cheese, artichokes, bananas, onions, leeks, garlic (naturally cultured foods).
- Iodine rich foods - sea vegetables, kelp, spirulina, cranberries, yogurt, strawberries, organic cheese
- Foods high in hydrochloric acid - Apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, black olives, spinach, celery